is evolution really dependent on spamassassin?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Jan 1 11:39:47 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 04:33 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
> >> Surely this is a stupid dependency?  It's supposedly *optional* whether
> >> you use anti-spam filtering in Evolution (I've never allowed it's junk
> >> mail checking), why should it *have* to be present?
>

> John Summerfied:
> > So you _can_ use the filtering.
>
> Then, if I want to, I can load the required files onto my system.

Disk space is cheap and it is less problematic to just have it.

> It's as daft as having to install 100 dictionaries for a spell checker,
> because it insists.  Never mind that you only speak one language.

language specific files should be marked with the %lang macro in the %
files of the spec file. If not, it is a bug.

You can configure rpm to only install languages you use - in which case
the %lang stuff you don't want doesn't get installed.

There currently is not an option for this in Anaconda - though I believe
you *can* modify the config file via CLI before Anaconda starts
installing (never tried).