Eclipse & Oracle10g-EE

Császár Péter csjpeter at freemail.hu
Sun Jan 1 12:17:41 UTC 2006

Hi

It's probably not me who can give good advice, but our situation seems to
be similar.
I mean I have an system plan, partly written code in MS C# and an near
fully written DBMS.
Now I'm on to way to work in JAVA, to aviod all possible tipical MS
problem.

The first question I had if I was going to use GPL or not? It because the
copyleft. I don't want to make that program free. It is going to be an
explicit economical system. Why should I make it free? But with GPL I
would have to. This is the reason why the ORACLE could be better than
MS-SQL or Postgree-SQL (which I haven't used yet anyway).

I read the licence possibilities at mysql.com and they offer two kind of
licences. One is the GPL, and the other one is when you should pay. That's
not a way I colud go on. I think you neither.

One more thing. I tried Eclipse if I colud work in it. I don't know it
yet, but it
seems fair system. On the other hand it is freezing on my FC4 (fully
updated) system.
Both the Fedora built in version and what I have download from Eclipse.

Also I found that anyone can download and use the Sun Java Studio freely
after a simple registration in their developer center.

I'm no sure which one I will use at last, but there are several chance, we
can think about!
Yes, and don't forget the "awfull" problem with the right!

Peter