confused when burning the iso disc...

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Jan 2 04:52:33 UTC 2006

Michael Wright writes:

> I've very confused when it comes to burning dvd's and software. really
> need help here ? I have extract the file using winrar:

Then you did something wrong.  Nothing needs to be extracted with winrar, or
anything else, to burn Fedora onto a DVD.  You need to burn the single *.iso
image file itself, directly.

> The files i have is Fedora  Images isolinux whats the software to use to
> burn the disc with ? and what file do i bring in when burning

All traditional CD/DVD-burning software should have an option, or a setting,
to burn an "iso image", or a "raw file".  It differs from software to
software, but a likely-named setting/option should be buried somewhere in
your CD-burning software's option.

The file that you need is the single, large <name>.iso file.  For FC4 DVD
image, for example, it's the 2.7 gigabyte-long FC4-i386-DVD.iso file.  T