Apache problems when using mod_perl

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Tue Jan 3 00:02:55 UTC 2006

I am trying to install webgui on a new core 4 install.
Part of the install is to edit perl.conf, by adding the
following:

<Files ~ "\.(pl)$">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
PerlOptions +SetupEnv +ParseHeaders
</Files>
PerlRequire /data/WebGUI/sbin/preload.perl

Apache starts fine, but the error log shows the following after an attempt
is made to access the web site:

Can't locate object method "request" via package "Apache" at
/data/WebGUI/lib/WebGUI/Session.pm line 159

I thought "request" was for mod_perl 1??

Apache::Request looks to come from libapreq-1.33. When I attempt to
install it I get the following:

 perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && make install
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 36

Of course core 4 comes with mod_perl 2

Another forum recommended using Apache::Cookie, but It complains about the
same thing.

Any ideas how to fix this?