Remote GUI

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 3 11:52:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 16:00 +0500, azeem ahmad wrote:
> i use ssh to login to my RHEL4 systems
                          ^^^^^^ wrong list, then...

> on a terminal. which program is there which provides a remote GUI of
> my machine

You can use one of the VNC systems for a remote view of your desktop.
You can call up X directly between client and server.
You can allow remote log-ins to be graphical (GDM/XDMCP).
You can SSH in with X forwarding and use the command line to start up
GUI applications.

_From that list you can search for manuals, look through your menus, or
ask more about which sounds best for you.

I read messages from the public lists.