Manual Registration Comcast High Speed Internet in Fedora 4

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Tue Jan 3 23:39:43 UTC 2006

I am not sure what "not supporting Linux means". Probably that if you
run into any problems they are not willing to listen to you if you say
anything other than Windows or Mac. I use Cox, which is probably not
much different than Comcast, in combination with Linux without any
difficulty at all. I have never tried to get support from them with
Linux but never really expected them to be helpful anyway. I just
connected my Linux box to my wireless router (wired and unwired). It
asked for and receive a DHCP address and I was in.

Cox came with an "install kit" too. I looked at it and threw it away. It
had nothing valuable on it for any system, including Windows. I think it
had IE6 and a pop-up blocker. Not even good Frisbee material. I don't
know what the Comcast CD has. Take look.