Manual Registration Comcast High Speed Internet in Fedora 4

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 4 02:59:29 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:

> Works just fine. It took a special call to get the SMTP
> and POP information, but I now have no problems.

If their installer software works the same as Verizon's (maybe this
stuff is the same across all the providers, with only logo and name
changes), you could have saved yourself making the call by opening
Outlook Express and checking the account settings that the software
automatically installs. That will tell you the incoming and outgoing
server names plus the authentication requirements and the username. The
password you already know.

Bob Cochran