how to resize the existing partition /home on FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:17:48 UTC 2006

hey friends,

I want to resize the existing partition /home.Currently /home is of 20GB and
18GB is full.

There is one way I can achieve this target

create a bigger partition say 35 GB(/dev/sdb8),mount this partition on
/home1 copy the files and folders from /home(/dev/sda4) to
/home1(/dev/sdb8), edit the entry in fstab to mount (/dev/sdb8) on /home and
then reboot the system.

Is there any way I can resize the partition of /home without following the
above example ? The partition type id ext3 what I wanted to know is  there
any tool or utility on Linux which can do this?

I am using FC3.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover