livna NVIDIA drivers - packaging problem?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 4 06:24:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 01:12 -0500, Mail List wrote:
>    I always keep a couple of kernels around. I seem to run into this kind of
> problem:
>
>     Which seems to suggest that installing the new package *8178* wants to
> remove nvidia-glz 8174 from currnet 1653 kernel - this somehow cause 1644 to
> also lose its dependency.
>
>  Packaging problem?
No - Livna is doing a bad job.

They only ship nvidia rpms for the latest kernels and miss to build them
for older one.

They seem to miss that during attempting a kernel update, people have
older kernels installed and therefore can't update without Livna
shipping nvidia-drivers for both the older and the kernels.

Check this list's archive, I posted a remedy to work around this issue
recently.

Ralf