Firefox + Java?

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 01:48:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 17:49 -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     How do I make Firefox aware of Java?  There is no automatic plug-in
> install for Firefox, so I had to manually download the jre.  After
> installing it (it's an rpm), and restarting Firefox, it still says no
> Java installed.
>
> --
> W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
>   +--------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410 x130
>   IT Director / SysAdmin / Websmith             .     800.441.3873 x130
>   Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc.            .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6
>   http://www.pcraft.com ..... .  .    .       Boulder, CO 80303, U.S.A.

If you're using FC4 the Java section at
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html might
help. BTW the official FC4 release notes recommend against the Sun RPM
if that's what you got. You'll be able to read about this issue at the
site I recommended.

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/