kino, is it working ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Thu Jan 5 09:58:41 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 04:41, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:26:03PM +0100, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> > Has anyone got this working on a 64bit AMD ?
>
> I used kino (from Dag Wieers repository) a bit on FC3 x86_64, and had
> a few problems with it hanging.  I never had time to investigate it.
>
> Kino is great, and well worth fixing on 64-bit.
>
> Now that Valgrind 3.1.x works on x86_64, you might consider
> installing the various debuginfo rpms as necessary (*)
> and attempting to identify the problem.

That sounds like a good idea. I've use kino a long time ago (0.4 series) and
back than it worked well for me. I was a bit surprised to find it didn't work
properly on my 64bit system now and indeed it is well worth fixing it (in
case needed). I'll first try to compile kino myself to see if that makes any
difference and if not go the valgrind route.

Thanks,
Marcel