IVT Bluetooth Dongle half-working

..// sea wolf //.. bananas4arsenal at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:39:12 UTC 2006

Afternoon all,

I'm trying to connect my mobile phone (Sony Ericsson k700i) with my IVT ISSC
Bluetooth Dongle.
It works great in Windowz with BlueSolliel, but Linux has a couple of
problems.

The dongle is recognised as ISSCBTA in Hardware Browser, the Bluetooth
services start up okay, Bluez seems okay.

lsusb gives me this:
[root at Bens ~]# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1131:1001 Integrated System Solution Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

hciconfig -a gives me this:
[root at Bens ~]# hciconfig -a
hci0:   Type: USB
        BD Address: 00:11:67:23:A6:AA ACL MTU: 678:8 SCO MTU: 48:10
        UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
        RX bytes:1470 acl:0 sco:0 events:76 errors:0
        TX bytes:1294 acl:0 sco:0 commands:61 errors:0
        Features: 0xbf 0xfe 0x8d 0x78 0x08 0x18 0x00 0x00
        Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
        Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
        Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
        Name: 'Bens.Computer-0'
        Class: 0x120104
        Service Classes: Networking
        Device Class: Computer, Desktop workstation
        HCI Ver: 1.2 (0x2) HCI Rev: 0x1fe LMP Ver: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subver:
0x1fe
        Manufacturer: Integrated System Solution Corp. (57)

so the dongle end of things is all working.

However, when I come to scan for anything, nothing is found:
[root at Bens ~]# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
[root at Bens ~]#

After a bit of Google-ing, I found a doc which said to l2ping it to make
sure everything has worked but:
[root at Bens ~]# l2ping 00:11:67:23:A6:AA
Can't connect: No route to host

I think this bit might be of some use.

Any ideas as to how this should go forward, please?

As a side point, will I be able to use the HIDs just by connecting and
runnig it on the phone or will I need another application for Linux? [poke
;-)]

Many thanks for anything as I've spent days trying!
Ben :-)

       ..// seawolf //..
iamseawolf (at) gmail (dot) com
  MSN, ICQ & Yahoo! available