Good TV/VHS card for Fedora Core?

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Sat Jan 7 08:47:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a microatx PC with on board graphics more than adequate
for my needs. The only thing I want to add now is a TV capture card to encode and copy on DVD my home videos from a VHS VCR.

I *might*, some time in the future, use the same box for
recording analog and satellite TV shows, but that is quite
unlikely, so it's not required. Right now, all I need is a
card that gives no trouble with Fedora, has coax or SCART
input and HW (PAL) video encoding to copy my movies faster.

I have already made a bit of research. The three models below seems the easiest to buy around here, and OK with Linux,
but I'd really appreciate your opinion (quality, ease of use,
best Fedora driver support, anything) or suggestions for other
models of course:

Hauppage Win-TV PVR 250
Sapphire Theatrix 550 pro
Sapphire Theatrix 300