what is the grub step?!

jackc jcraig at Brocade.COM
Mon Jan 9 21:11:30 UTC 2006

well, its looking like fc4 just isnt ready for prime time.

i have  a dell 2200 and its a criteria for a new desktop to
load/test on that platform first.

after a number of trials, the reboot during cd#4 is constantly
returning to grub.

trying the below works fine, but the reboot just returns to
the install dialog to start the whole thing over.

its no closer to working.

any final diagnostics i can try for this problem?

my goal is not difficult, i am selecting everything
to install, auto partition w/remove all linux partitions.

this box has successfully hosted many netbsd flavors and RH ES 4,
so i gotta be suspect of the fc4(i checked the cd sums too).

frustrated and disappointed, jackc...

--
Jack Craig

XPath/SAS Team