old-school

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 19:24:19 UTC 2006

Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
What was the last version you used?

Read about "yum".  From the extras, I have installed yumex as it gives
me a GUI for package admin.

  <g> The 'last version' I really used was around RH6 or so...

  I'll check out "yum" although the issues since way back when is if you  can't get to the internet readily, you are in deep doo doo. Especially  if the update you need is there and I find myself not there.  <cackles>

  I'm looking through bugzilla, and a search on "kstartupconfig' doesn't  seem to dig up anything. What I'm looking for is the repository of the  briefs that used to be announced saying "Update for foo.rpm is  available, and you must install the packages in this order <blah  blah>". Or was that Caldera that did that? <eg>

  Thanks for any considerations, Ric