Canon 3000 scanner

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:35:26 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Chasecreek Systemhouse <chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/06, Nat Gross <nat101l at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can someone please give me a little 'play by play' how to get a Cannon
> > 3000 usb scanner working with FC 4 (fully updated via yum) working.
> > Tons of conflicting googled info makes it sound more complex then it should be.
>
> Do you se or have a TWAIN option?  That may prove useful.
On the box it has a TWAIN emblem. However, underneath that in fine
print it sais 'for Windows". I don't think TWAIN has anything to do
with the os.  It comes with Windoz software and works on this [dual
boot] machine with Windoz outta the box.

This week my Windows setup (on this machine) crashed again. The little
scanner is the last hurdle to overcome, to send Windoz up s__t creek
for good. I have no time to play with Windows, and haven't really
tried fixing it so far.

-nat