The startup of KDE is interrupted for one minute - why?

alexander.beck-ratzka alexander.beck-ratzka at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jan 12 07:22:23 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I am running fedora core 4, and I am using KDE. When I logon a user to KDE,
the screen is build up fine, except the taskbar. Then something strange is
happening (at least, it is strange for me...): nearly one minute nothing
happens, and then the rest of the KDE appears suddenly together with a job or
script called autorun.

Does anyone know, how I can avoid the sleep time of about one minute during
the startup? Where can I find informations about that what's happening.

Alexander