Is it possible to rollback with yum like up2date

Parameshwara Bhat peebhat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:27:26 UTC 2006

Dear List,

I have been updating regularly with yum / kyum. This question has been on
my mind for a year now when aan update with synaptics broke my system so
abdly that I could not boot also.There was a segmentation fault at boot
time reported.I finally traced the problem to selinux-policy package
update(of course from the official fedora update servers) Interactive
booting is difficult to get.

But tracing problems like this without the help of GUI when hundreds of
packages are involved  is a great pain.I had the help of Suse live cd.

But rolling back gives no clues as to with which package one had the
problem.What are the options involved when you update hundreds of packages
and one package gives you problem as described.

Thanks,

Parameshwara Bhat