A question about using YUM

Nguyen Danh Hieu ndh.21march at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:34:27 UTC 2006

Thanks for your reply. Each time when I try to install some programs ( from
source or rpm)  It happended that the package requires another, and then the
another requires others package, library... and so on.
Because of that I want to download every lib,rpm or sources ( that appeares
on LAN ) to my harddisk and force yum to find and fetch dependencies from
the folders. What you said,as I understand,  that I have to  build my own
repository. How to do that?

2006/1/13, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>:

> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 18:01 -0500, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:42:10 +0300, Nguyen Danh Hieu wrote:
> >
> > > I have every pakages and needed dependencies on local hard disk so I
> want to
> > > make YUM fetch files from the disk, instead of from internet (I have
> no
> > > connection ) What should I do? Could someone tell me plz.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ===================
> > > Nguyen Danh Hieu
> > >
> > > Physics Faculty
> > > Moscow State University
> >
> > yum localinstall /path/to/package.rpm
>
> That'll pull dependencies from the user's configured repos, not from
> local files.
>
> What's needed is to create a local repository.
>
> Are the packages you are trying to install from the original Fedora
> distribution (in which case you'll be wanting to create your own version
> of the [base] repository), or are they other packages you've acquired
> from elsewhere (in which case you'll be wanting to set up a new
> repository of your own)?
>
> Paul.
>
> --

Nguyen Danh Hieu