How copy /usr contents to a new partition?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 19:35:26 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On systems that have the GNU version of cp (all linux distros,
> I think), 'cp -a' will do what you want.

For what it's worth, there are a few exceptions: embedded or
floppy-based distros, where space is tight and something like busybox
saves precious bytes.

(GNU applications have rarely been accused of being "light-weight": the
GNU EMACS editor, which was the first GNU project, used to be quoted as
the standarad example of a program which had *everything* and a size to
match. Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping, back when 8 MB was a
lot...)

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "It has taken 24 years to get the Reichstag wrapped.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Chancellor Kohl said it would only be wrapped over