looping sound in aRts builder

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 03:26:44 UTC 2006

Fulko Hew <fhew3 at cogeco.ca> wrote:

Logging out of KDE, and logging back in 'unlocked' the problem.

Any ideas?
Here's  one, for what it's worth, use the KDE control center, go into the sound  section and click on the hardware tab, set half duplex, then the set  button at the bottom (this is not the exact phraseology, but I hope you  have the idea)  which will restart the sound system. If you were  set full duplex,  you might also see a speedier system from the  lack of cpu overhead alsa incurs as a result. My SB AWE 64 was supposed  to roll with full duplex, but that did not happen. Sorry for replying  to a KDE problem folks, but that problem also occured with Gnome  sessions as well. Nowmy games are running faster and I'm happy.

  Off to install the new router to the DSL modem, maybe I'll be finally on my linux box soon. Ric