RAID-1

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Sun Jan 15 03:32:22 UTC 2006

Justin Zygmont wrote:
> Just that grub should be installed manually on the second drive.
>

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, M. Lewis wrote:
>

>> FC4
>>
>> Are there any gotchas to adding RAID-1 to a existing, operating FC3 box?
>>
>> Things to watch out for, pointers, howtos, etc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

Installing grub, that is, *if* your choosing to RAID-1 the /boot
partition.  BTW, http://togami.com/~warren/guides/remoteraidcrazies/ was
last updated in may, 2005. Still a good read about putting Grub on two
disks.

I'm just waiting to see a disk management utility in Fedora/RHEL to do
all this for us!!!  However, getting raid-1 setup isn't really a problem
for most people - it's the lack of sufficient documentation on how to
recover from a failure once a drive needs to be swapped out.

-eric wood