kernel source and nVidia drivers - Bigger Question

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 15 23:36:48 UTC 2006

Now I did a search for nvidia.ko and found that /lib/modules contains
the following:

   2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
   2.6.11-1.27_FC3
   2.6.13-1.1532_FC4
   2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
   2.6.9-1.681_FC3

it also showed that nvidia.ko was in 2.6.11-1.27_FC3!  Now can i do a
manual removal of all the older /lib/modules2.6.? that area not current
with the current installed kernel

    uname -r reports

   2.6.14-1.1656_FC4

-or- is there a env variable that points to the correct libary module
that needs to be changed?  I have never run into this problem before.

Thanks,

Bob