How to reinstall windows xp

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 16 02:11:16 UTC 2006

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I don't deny that XP can have problems, but I also think that it can be
>>very good, if setup and looked after properly, as can fedora (otherwise
>>I wouldn't be on this list)
>

> Nope. If I set up XP Home, everyone has effective root permissions,
> which is why things go wrong so often. Same applies, though to a lesser
> extent, to XP Pro.

If a stoodent at work tries to open a command window, it opens, but
theyre's a message to the effect "you can't do this dude."

Windows XP Prof can be locked down. I've not yet tried locking down
Home: I don't have proper install disks, and I've not yet fiddled with
the recovery CDs that came with my laptop.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait