/ (root) partition full (now dead)

Gordon Keehn gordonkeehn at netzero.net
Mon Jan 16 19:12:40 UTC 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> One thing I think it tells you is something about how to divide your
> distro onto different partitions. It can be very hard to track down a
> problem like this with your whole distro on one partition, and that
> doesn't matter if it's FC or Suse.
>
> Greg

It was on several partitions, and several subtrees of /var were linked
to a high-capacity USB drive.  I learned, by trial and error, what
directories had to be available before the USB drive was mounted.  I
recovered all that I needed to from /home, but much of what was left was
specific to the then-current configuration, and therefore not worth
saving.
   Cheers,
Greg