kernel source and nVidia drivers - Bigger Question - now just need solution

J. K. Cliburn jcliburn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 02:54:37 UTC 2006

Bob Hartung wrote:
> Jeff and J.K.
>   There is no build subdirectory under:
>    /lib/modules/2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
>   This persists after a yum erase kernel-devel and a
>   yum install kernel-devel ...
>
>  can I just mkdir build and try this again?

Something is *really* messed up on your system.  The /lib/modules tree,
and the "build" symlink that sits in it, comes from the kernel rpm, not
the kernel-devel rpm.  You might take a chance and *see* if this will
work, but you may need to reinstall your kernel rpm.

# ln -s ../../../usr/src/kernels/2.6.14-1.1656_FC4-i686 build

Then try the nvidia installer again.