FC5T2 anaconda and LVM

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 12:12:36 UTC 2006

Mick Mearns wrote:

>Hi;
>  I started to install T2 and it wants to create LVM volumes.
>The drive I want to install on has FC5T1 on it, and some data
>partitions.
>T2 wants to format the whole drive.
>
>I do not want to use LVM, and stick with /dev/hdbx partitions.
>(sometimes I use explore2fs from XP - wont work with LVM)
>
>I read in the release notes that anaconda is better and easier to
>use???
>I have removed all labels on the drives (e2label /dev/hdx "").
>In FC5T1 I was able to install normally, and pick my partitions.
>
>I have:
>hda1     W98SE    to upgrade XP when viruses take it down.
>hda2     extended
>hda5     XP
>hda6     ntfs for dvd images
>

>hdb1 FC5T1 /boot
>hdb2       /mnt/downloads
>hdb3       /usr
>hdb4       extended
>hdb5       /home
>hdb6       /usr/local
>hdb7       /
>hdb8       swap
>hdb9       /var
>hdb10      /mnt/mp3
>
>hdc dvd/cdwriter
>
>hdd1 FC4 /boot
>hdd2 swap
>hdd3       /
>
>I want to install FC5T2 to /dev/hdb.
>I was using the nifty new graphical installer.
>
>Mick M.
>
>Dogs have Masters - Siamese Cats have Staff!

I'm still downloading the DVD for FC5T2. I hope it does not require LVM
exclusively. Are you saying that there is no way to make a selection for
traditional partitioning?
You should join or post FC5T2 issues to the fedora-test list,
If no manual partition management is possible, file a bug against
anaconda. You should be able to manage your partitioning scheme at will.
Thanks for posting the info.

Jim

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!