Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 21:35:26 UTC 2006

Hi

> It seemed to me that Rahul was being particularly obtuse, and does not
> recognise that the Fedora Project's service forces people into
> undesireable choices. It makes me wonder whether he properly
> understands "support."

Setting aside the fact, that Red Hat nor me has any obligation to
provide support services for Fedora, Fedora Project provides does
provide both updates through legacy as a service. Unsure why you would
consider my responses obtuse. You havent expanded on why you wouldnt
choose to use Fedora Legacy updates or what concerns you have in waiting
till the GA release of Fedora Core 5 considering the fact that there
isnt any major security issues with FC3 that needs to be addressed
before FC5.

> I have better thinks to do than make pointless changes to my computer
> systems.

What is pointless specifically? Would Fedora legacy repository available
by default resolve this issue?

>> Seems like a reasonable course of action.
>

> OTOH I am a user (and a supporter), but not a developer, and the level
> of support is a user concern.

It has to be addressed by the developers so if you want any action to be
done, you have to post to the developer's list. Users cannot address any
development related concerns.

--
Rahul