Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 04:58:56 UTC 2006

Hi

>Ask yourself: You apparently are a RH employee and already are reading
>many of the lists. How much effort would it take to you to communicate
>the essentials to the appropriate channels inside of RH, be it as formal
>reports, by notes/memos, or by simply forwarding some mails?

A huge amount of effort really. I dont read all the mails by far.

>It's probably not your formal task nor duty - But it could be and
>probably would not make much difference to you.

My job has obsoletely nothing to do with Fedora. It takes hours of my
own volunteer time to respond here in a limited way and I rather spend
it on doing things that improve Fedora Project rather than merely
spending time on discussions that dont change a single thing.

>I can tell you how I see it:
>
>* People expect RH to have established such communication channels
>internally.

Right.

>* Non-developers hesitate to post to devel lists because they repeatedly
>have been instructed not to post end-user feedback to devel lists.

When they posted end user queries or send in rants that arent Fedora
development specific.

>* RH lists require subscription. This is not feasible for "one time
>postings".

It is way less than the time people spend arguing about it here where it
makes no difference.

>* It's not the developers on devel lists talking the decisions on
>release cycles. It's RH's management.

Development people can talk to management about it if they are convinced
of the strategy.  That is the way things work here.

--
Rahul