OT(?) FC2 Very slow printing to HP DeskJet 870Cse

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 18 06:58:22 UTC 2006

Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> On 1/17/06, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Off topic due to age of FC2?
>>
>>Anyway, have installed an HP DeskJet 870Cse, and it prints
>>unbearably slowly, like 30 minutes per page.
>>

> If you have the option of testing the printer on another system maybe you
> can determine if it's the operating or the printer itself that needs fixing.
>

> Klaasjan

I now have one .GIF file which, when viewed by Mozilla on my machine,
and then printed, takes an inordinate amount of time. I printed
it to a PostScript file, and it takes the same length of time to
print this with lpr. I ran ps2ps and got a smaller file which
is still very slow.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.