how to enable transparency

J. K. Cliburn jcliburn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 02:29:36 UTC 2006

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Fdeora Core 4, on a ATI XPress200M graphic chipset (ATI drivers),
> installed as the tutorial of fedorafaq.org told.
> I use GNOME, my ystem is up to date, with "testing" repositories.
> I would like to enable transparency.
> Would you know any tutorial/howto that could help me to do it the Fedora
> way?
> Thank you.

Open a terminal.  Then, from the terminal menu, select:

Terminal->Edit->Profiles->Default->Edit->Effects

You can set the "Transparent background" radio button there.  This will,
of course, change the default terminal window profile.  As an
alternative, you can create a new profile and tweak it how you like,
then save that profile.  That'll leave the default profile as the Gnomes
intended it to be.

Jay