Blurry monitor on FC4

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 11:19:03 UTC 2006

From: "Kam Leo" <kam.leo at gmail.com>

> On 1/20/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1/20/06, jdow <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> > From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com154>

> [snip]
>>
>> I just poked around a bit in the winbox's Control Panel and could not
>> find anti-aliasing settings. Nor in KDE Contol Center. They both are
>> on 1024*768 screen resolution at 85 Hz (not mHz!). The linbox has an
>> AMD proccessor with the graphics card built into the Mother Board. The
>> winbox is a P4 with a seperate AGP port and a 32 meg card (dont
>> remember which one). The monitor _is_ connected via extension cable,
>
> The extension cable may be the problem. What happens when you remove
> the extension cable and connect the monitor directly to your Linux
> box?

If you look closely at the example text he posted you'll notice the
anti-aliasing to kill the blockiness on the characters is a little
thick leading to almost a shadowed appearance. For it to appear on a
screen shot for video still in computer memory one must conclude it is
not on the cable going outside.

{^_-}