Cannot mount cd drives

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 01:31:44 UTC 2006

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am havinf a little problem that has just started
> today.  Everything was working very nicely, but
> today
> I tried to mount a cd with mp3's and I get the
> message
>

> There are no filesystems which you are allowed to
> mount or unmount.
> Contact your administrator.
>

> I try from Hat -> System Tools -> Disk Management
>
> Running Gnome 2.10, FC4
>
> [olivares at localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
> [olivares at localhost ~]$
> [olivares at localhost ~]$
>

> TIA
>
> Antonio

I am sorry not to send contents of /etc/fstab

[root at localhost ~]# cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man
fstab-sync' for details
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3
  defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3
 defaults        1 2
/dev/devpts             /dev/pts                devpts
 gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/shm                /dev/shm                tmpfs
 defaults        0 0
/dev/proc               /proc                   proc
 defaults        0 0
/dev/sys                /sys                    sysfs
 defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap
  defaults        0 0
[root at localhost ~]#

I see no /dev/cdrom, but from terminal
[root at localhost ~]# ls /dev/cdr*
/dev/cdrom  /dev/cdrom1
[root at localhost ~]# mount /dev/cdrom1
/media/cdrecorder
mount: mount point /media/cdrecorder does not exist
[root at localhost ~]# mkdir -p /media/cdrecorder
[root at localhost ~]# mount /dev/cdrom1
/media/cdrecorder
mount: block device /dev/cdrom1 is write-protected,
mounting read-only
[root at localhost ~]#

I can mount it.  Just a little thing.  What could have
changed this?

Best Regards,

Antonio