Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 11:47:22 UTC 2006

Hi

>I could do (and did) that upstream, I could do so (and did) with RHL,
>before Fedora, I could do so with RHEL.
>
>In comparison to RHL, nothing has changed for me, except that I am
>building and shipping packages through the FE build system, instead of
>building them myself. Both situations have/had pros and cons, which
>approximately balance each other.
>
>So, in the end, nothing much has changed "by Fedora having been
>introduced".

Fedora Extras enabled by default makes a huge difference. Anaconda will
support it in the subsequent releases which again make it very relevant.

>Well, the question is: Does it need a foundation?

It is being created because the community wanted assurance that their
work will remain open source, defensible and to serve other stated goals.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundation

--
Rahul