Bios flashing w/fed4_64

J. K. Cliburn jcliburn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:16:31 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, George Hare <hare.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone done any bios flashing using Fedora? My boot screen goes by
> so fast I can't read it; it looks like Alt-F2. Does it actually need
> it. Everything seems to be working just fine as is. It's an Abit KV8
> Pro.

I have an Abit AV8 Pro, and I flash the new bios whenever a new one
comes along.  I don't use Fedora to do it, although I run Fedora
exclusively on my Abit machines.  I have a DR-DOS (or is it FreeDOS)
boot disk that I copy the bios image onto, then boot from the floppy
and flash the bios.  Pretty painless, and takes about 5 minutes.

Jay