Bios flashing w/fed4_64

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 22 13:52:17 UTC 2006

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 08:01 -0500, George Hare wrote:
>
>>Has anyone done any bios flashing using Fedora? My boot screen goes by
>>so fast I can't read it; it looks like Alt-F2. Does it actually need
>>it. Everything seems to be working just fine as is. It's an Abit KV8
>>Pro.
>>Thanks,
>>
>>G. Hare
>>

> I doubt it. I've yet to see a Linux flash utility. (Being tied to a
> certain BIOS/MB combo, I doubt that we will ever see one)
> Most flash utilities either use DOS (99%) or both Windows and DOS (~1%).
>
> Gilboa

I've got one or to mobos that can read direcly from floppy. (I'm not
sure they actually have floppy drives attached, several of my machines
haven't).

Sometimes (often?) freedos will do the job; I think Dell and/or HP uses
Freedos regardless of what their actual instructions say.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait