restricing few users from sending/receiving attachments in postfix and in sendmail

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:46:37 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 15:33 +0530, Ankush Grover wrote:
> > hey friends,
> >
> >  I am using postfix on FC3 and my friend is using sendmail on rh9 in
> > his office.
> >

> > I wanted to restrict some users from sending/receiving  attachments.
> >

> > How can I restrict users from sending/receiving attachments on postfix
> > and on sendmail(for my friend).
> >

> Whilst you might be able to use a milter or equivalent to prevent
> MIME-formatted attachments from being sent, this wouldn't prevent people
> sending attachments the "old-fashioned way", by uuencoding their file
> and pasting straight into the text of the mail message.
>
> What are you *really* trying to prevent?

My friend's office management has ordered him to ban some users from sending
attachments. As he is using sendmail and I am using postfix.So I was
curious to know how to prevent the same in postfix.

He needed that kind of setup not me but still it is good to know how one can
do it in postfix.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover