Fetchmail socket problem

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 23:50:27 UTC 2006

From: "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>

> that is a really low tech solution that's workable for one mailbox.
>
> imapsync is a terrific tool. copies entire user stuff from one imap
> server to another and preserves the IMAP flags. imapsync is simple to
> download, compile, install & configure.
>
> If however the server/user id's are the same on both machines, you could
> probably just rsync or tar a copy across the 2 computers.

Some of the IMAP servers place the files in a jail. So I suggested the
slightly harder but will work in any case. I use dovecot not in a jail
or any other nonsense (such as Cyrus IMAP) so the copy is easy and
straightforward - as long as you look in the right place. (On my
setup it is "$HOME/mail" in general.)

{^_-}