Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Jan 23 06:27:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 23:59 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Back to the quality control issue: Clicking the download link
> at the above site gives a 'Not Found' error:
>
> The requested URL
> /fedorareloaded.com/podcasts/FedoraCore5-Test2.zip.torrent was not found
> on this server.

Didn't Rahul already tell you that is not a fedora project site?  Why
whine about the broken link here?

> I've had better first impressions...
>
> > Note that I plan to run this on a machine
> > >where I'd be very uncomfortable about letting new and
> > >untested drivers touch real hardware, no matter how whizbang
> > >they claim to be.
> > >
> > They cant possibly damage modern hardware.
>
> I recall seeing discussions of lost data on this mailing list
> around the introduction of FC2.  I think "can't" is a little
> strong although I didn't expect hardware damage. I just
> don't want much downtime or chances of mistakes when
> selecting partitions for the new install.

So do like most system admins do.  Make sure you have a recovery plan in
place in case the install does not go the way it should.

I do backups of my machine before I do anything as destructive as a new
install --- Just In Case. Another option would be to install on a new
hard drive so the one you are using now can be put back if needed.

That is a common sense approach used by all good admins I know, even on
enterprise class servers and with known good proprietary operating
systems.

This whole thread started because you are unhappy about the transfer of
FC3 to the legacy project. Please get over your attitude of "I want it
my way" and realize that you are the only one I recall having seen
carrying on like this for the past 2 days.

If a test release has a problem,  well --- after all it is a test
release and that is why it is being released -- for purposes of
identifying show-stopper bugs.