Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 08:56:00 UTC 2006

Hi

>>because the community wanted assurance that their
>>work will remain open source, defensible and to serve other stated goals.
>>
>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundation
>>

>It's the work-around RH has decided by themselves, because RH found this
>would be an applicable work-around.

Foundation work is done for the community with community input. We have
a entire list of very prominent community people involved in the effort.
It was basically done to assign all copyrights etc to the foundation and
make sure what is community contributions stays open source and free
forever. We are also helping to fund so many other things. Calling it a
"workaround" is a insult to the people involved with the work and you
are being rude as always for no good reason.

>The community, so far,  has not, or
>at least, only be negligibly been involved, and not even been informed
>until last week.

Wrong again as usual. How about you stop being misleading?  Let me point
you out how many announcements and messages related to the foundation
has been made so far over a period of more than 6 months.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2005-June/msg00008.html
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/008jun05/departments/fedora_status/#fedora-foundation
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/010aug05/features/fedora_foundation/
http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/home/company/news/prarchive/2005/press_fedorafoundation.html