Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jan 23 11:01:38 UTC 2006

> Hi
>

> >In fact, RH, FESCO and the FF are dictating the "rules of the game as
> >they want them to be" and it's up to users and contributors to decide
> >how far to respect these rules and to apply/use the resources these
> >organizations provide.

> So you choose to not trust the foundation, all the community members at
> FESCO or Red Hat itself. I would suggest contributing to a project that
> you trust instead. Good luck.
Seems to me as if you haven't understand a glimpse of what I am saying.

Therefore let me try to elaborate: Like all other OSS projects, Fedora
is based on users', developers' and sponsoring/financing organs'
opinions and objectives are sufficiently intersecting. These parties own
genuine interests are irrelevant to the other parties.

E.g. to users and developers it's irrelevant what RH, the FF or FESCO
wants. The only point that matters to them is that the project's
products (eg. distribution, buildsys, etc.) sufficiently caters/serves
their needs. I.e. whatever RH, FF or FESCO do, and which persons or
organizations are involved, is their business. May they establish as
many marketing events as they like, may they be a foundation or an
enterprize, or ...

Neither do they control users/developers nor does the user/developer
community control them, nor do they control my mind - It's users and
developers who are using YOU, and it's up to YOU to make Fedora
attractive to them.

Steps into this directions would be to improve your communication, to
listen to the community and ... WHAT you actually do is less important,
the questions are "WHY" and "HOW".

Ralf