fedora-list Digest, Vol 23, Issue 237

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Jan 23 12:26:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 08:24:46PM -0500, Bruce Elliott wrote:

> >Re: can't use ftp on FC4
> >From:
> >Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
> >Date:
> >Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:28:43 +0100
> >To:
> >For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> >
> >To:
> >For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> >

> >Am So, den 22.01.2006 schrieb Bruce Elliott um 23:14:
> >

> >>I'm attempting to use ftp for the first time on my FC4 installation, and
> >>it isn't working.  I log in okay and can do things like change
> >>directories, but if I do anything that should result in data being sent
> >>(ls, put, get), it reports that it's entering passive mode and then
> >>waits ... and waits, until it times out.
> >>

> >>Bruce E.
> >>

> >`modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp' will solve your problem.
> >
> >To have that module loaded automatically, add it to IPTABLES_MODULES in
> >/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.
> >
> >Alexander
> >

> I tried that command, but it turns out that the server I'm trying to
> connect with does not allow passive ftp.
>
> I believe that now what I need to know is how to configure my firewall
> to allow active ftp connections with this server.
>
> Any help on this topic?
This is not an answer to your question but I think you should abandon
ftp for sftp, so your question should be: how to configure my firewall
 to allow active sftp connections with this server.

HOW YOU CAN TELL THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A ROTTEN DAY:
	#1040 Your income tax refund cheque bounces.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484