Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jan 23 16:14:32 UTC 2006

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 14:47 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> >Seems to me as if you haven't understand a glimpse of what I am saying.
> >

> I understand it fine and dandy but unless you are really happy to
> contribute and make some differences instead of just about being rude
> and abusing everyone who is trying to work on the team - both volunteers
> and full time staff then find a different project that makes sense for
> you to contribute instead of continuously harping about one issue after
> another without any constructive criticisms or ideas. I requested
> repeatedly in our earlier conversations that you post a good list of QA
> issues that you alleged are present in the Fedora Extras process.
Great to experience somebody at RH exposing PM on the list ;)

> Instead of doing that you indulged in name calling everyone doing the
> work in Fedora Extras. This is not the means to work on anything at all
> in a positive manner.
>
> >Therefore let me try to elaborate: Like all other OSS projects, Fedora
> >is based on users', developers' and sponsoring/financing organs'
> >opinions and objectives are sufficiently intersecting. These parties own
> >genuine interests are irrelevant to the other parties.
> >
> >E.g. to users and developers it's irrelevant what RH, the FF or FESCO
> >wants.
> >
> Completely wrong. The FESCO or FF and RH represent interests with the
> community in mind. If you dont believe it why are you working on the
> project at all?
That's the core of us talking pass each other:

I am participating in FE, because MY personal interests intersect
sufficiently with those of the Fedora Project and expect mutual benefits
for all parties being involved. I don't really care about RH, the FF or
FESCO.

The problem is RH, the FF and FESCO are increasingly interfering with my
interests, and don't really help. Instead of concentrating on technical
issues, I see more and more marketing projects being launched, FESCO
drawing more and more questionable decisions and RH becoming more and
more non-communicational.

I acknowledge RH providing servers and the buildsystem, but apart that,
I don't see any substantial contribution of RH to Fedora, which is
substantially different from what the situation used to be before
Fedora.

Ralf