LCD recommendations please

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Jan 23 16:59:51 UTC 2006

John Horne wrote:

> At present I have a CTX 17" CRT which works fine, but we are trying to
> move over to LCD's where possible. I would be grateful for any LCD
> recommendations, or any tips on what to watch out for with LCD's.

Did you try the auto adjust feature of the LCD monitors?  This will try
to map whatever analogue levels your video card is sending out to the
range of levels the LCD can display.

My recommendation is to use a video card with a digital video output and
a similarly equipped LCD.  The clock alignment problems with analogue
are gone so pixel-by-pixel checkerboards show fine without shimmer and
colours are noticably richer.

I can recommend "Formac" brand as working great at a good price with a
digital connection.

http://mail.formac.co.uk/webapp/products.php

-Andy