dual os installtion problem

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Tue Jan 24 12:03:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 19:15 +0900, Gowri wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have problem in installing FC 4 ,
> Basically my system was windows XP ,
>
> I added a new hard disk , but unfortunately newly added disk is not shown in
> while installing linux .
>
> But how ever , system bios is able to detect the newly added hard disk .
>
> Can any one help me , how to proceed.

What type of hard drive (SATA2) did you add and what type chip set
(nForce4?) do you have?

I have a new Biostar GEForce 6100 which has a very new chip set that the
installer doesn't recognize and had to install to an IDE drive instead
of SATA2 but after the updates it saw everything.  FC5 T1 and T2 do
recognize all hardware for me though.