How to compile in Fedora?

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 00:20:44 UTC 2006

From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk>

> On Wednesday 25 Jan 2006 21:18, David Boles wrote:
>>
>> I can think of several reasons.
>>
>> The look and feel of the OS is somewhat familiar so the learning
>> curve is not too steep. Things are different but not too different.
>> RPM is here and the software GUIs are similar. 'Things' work or get
>> fixed. The software is  more up to date.
>>
>> The Fedora lists have friendly people. The answers to questions are
>> fast to arrive and written well. And I, for one, have not had my head
>> bitten off for asking a 'stupid' question. At least not yet.
>>
>> Did I mention that I am one of these Mandriva to Fedora people? I do
>> not recall. If you will allow me I would like to stay.
>>
> When I started, with Mandrake 8, it was friendly helpful lists that got
> me going.  The lists stayed helpful and friendly.  That's probably the
> biggest reason that I never tried any other distro until recently.
> Finding this list to be just as friendly and helpful has encouraged me.
> I intend staying for the forseeable future.

I'm not sure you've ever seen me on a bad day, Anne. Some people just
seem to earn replies that are less than "nice". (And it was the peaceful
Mandrake lists that drew me over there. It was their chaos with the
Mandrival change that rather drove me away. "Act, this is the property
straightness. Please become closely acquainted so poor Mandriva can have
a prayer of surviving. Let me know when you succeed in internalizing this
concept of straightness, Act.")

{^_-}