Corruption with RPMs/unable to reslove dependencies for -actually installed- software

Ferindo Middleton Jr fmiddleton at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 01:28:07 UTC 2006

I just downloaded FC4 and I had to go back and install some packages I
chose not to during the installation.

However, it seems that the RPM database is corrupted or not jiving well
or something because when I use the Desktop > System Settings >
Add/Remove Applications to install some of the bundled packages with
FC4, I get a message saying that RPM "Packages Not Found" but if I try
to 'yum install <package-name>' yum says "Nothing to do" and if I 'rpm
-q <package-name>' RPM returns the 'package-and-version'... So why does
RPM say it can't find the package when resolving the dependency to  the
package.

I've tried rpm --rebuilddb but that doesn't seem to fix the issue

Any ides for how to fix this?

Ferindo