iso disk problems

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 26 14:33:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 08:58 +0100, Per-Anton Rønning wrote:
> Interesting. I tried to download Fedora, but only the first iso came
> through completely, the other three stopped somewhere close to
> the end of the download just before full download was reported in the
> download manager. I tried to pause and resume to see if this would
> make them go the last mile, but they stayed frozen.  Therefore I have
> not burned the CD's, I did not expect that any success would come from
> an incomplete download.

I wouldn't expect them to work, either.

> I downloaded in Mozilla Firefox, and as far as I know that should not
> be a problem.

I think the pause/resume feature that Firefox purports to offer does not
work.  I've never seen it resume a download, even on servers that I know
support it.  I don't know what it's supposed to do.

If you want a client that resumes, I think you'll need to look
elsewhere.  On Linux, there's the wget command line tool, at least.  And
if you're going to test pausing/resuming, do it on a much smaller file.
One that doesn't waste lots of your time and bandwidth.

I read messages from the public lists.