New thread, really need assistance on this - high security hardware

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 27 14:37:44 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> I do hope you've read the various articles about how easy it can be
>> to circumvent thumbprint scanners?

Rickey Moore
> Good point, but the motivation to do so is absent, especially when the
> consequences would be not only dire

Hmm, I would have thought though when you've got people who's motivation
was habitually, I'll do what I think I can get away with, that it's hard
habit to break.

I spent years working in high schools, and it did seem like people would
go to extraordinary lengths to make a nuisance of themselves.  Far more
effort than's required not to do so.  And with no regard for the
possible consequences.  Granted that theirs were far less stringent
consequences, though in years gone past students would often get beaten
up by their parents for getting in trouble at school.

Getting way off topic there, but I think the potential for very simple,
and probably hard to prove whom by, abuse of a thumbprint scanner is
still worth thinking about.  There are some that do additional checks to
make it more difficult, and just the simple act of wiping the thing
clean makes it more difficult for the next person to impersonate the
last.

I read messages from the public lists.