Copy & paste

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jan 27 17:14:26 UTC 2006

Chris Norman wrote:
> Hi people,
> How do I copy & paste from the command line? So I can copy commands from
> documents (in nano for example), and paste them into the command line?
>
> I'm using SSH to connect.
>
> Cheers,

Are you using ssh from the command line on your machine? If so, take
a look at gpm. It will let you copy and paste from the CLI. If you
are running ssh in a term program under X, then check the copy/paste
functions of the term program. For example, in k-term, you highlight
with the left mouse button, and click on Edit --> Copy. You can
paste using Shift-Insert or Edit --> Paste.

Mikkel